Effective Date: August 19, 2019
- eliminate your right to a trial by jury; and
- substantially affect your rights, including preventing you from bringing, joining or participating in class or consolidated proceedings.?
Please read the Privacy Statement carefully to understand how Starbucks collects, uses and discloses information about customers, how to update or change your personal information, and how we communicate with you.?
About Starbucks Rewards
Starbucks Rewards is one way in which Starbucks endeavors to reward and thank loyal customers for patronizing our business and purchasing Starbucks products. Starbucks Rewards members are able to earn and accumulate "Stars" that can be redeemed for Starbucks Rewards benefits ("Rewards") at participating Starbucks stores and are eligible to receive certain additional benefits. Unfortunately, not all Starbucks stores have the ability to award Stars or redeem Stars for Rewards at this time. To find the location nearest you that participates in Starbucks Rewards, visit the Starbucks Store Locator at http://www.xiani.net.cn/store-locator and search for locations honoring "Digital Rewards".
Joining Starbucks Rewards
There are four (4) ways to join Starbucks Rewards and begin accumulating Stars:?
- If you have a physical Starbucks Card or a Starbucks Card eGift, visit www.xiani.net.cn/rewards. Follow the prompts to create an account and register at least one (1) physical Starbucks Card or a Starbucks Card eGift. Unless otherwise stated, the minimum balance required to activate a physical Starbucks Card or a Starbucks Card eGift is Five U.S. Dollars ($5.00).
- Download the Starbucks mobile app to your Android? or iPhone? device. Follow the prompts to create a Starbucks Rewards account and register a digital Starbucks Card.?
- Purchase a qualifying Starbucks product from a participating grocery retailer and either (a) enter the Star code located on, or if indicated, inside the packaging at www.xiani.net.cn/rewards, or, if applicable, (b) submit a photo of your valid receipt confirming your purchase of qualifying products at www.starbucks-stars.com. Follow the applicable prompts to create a Starbucks Rewards account. Note that such creation will automatically register a digital Starbucks Card to your Starbucks Rewards account.
- Join Starbucks Rewards through a special promotion, membership or other program that may be offered by Starbucks and/or our business partners or affiliates. There may be additional terms and conditions applicable to these promotions and programs, so please read them carefully. Note that any creation of a Starbucks Rewards account through a special promotion, membership or other program will automatically register a digital Starbucks Card to your Starbucks Rewards account.
Starbucks Cards and Account Registration
The Starbucks Rewards registration process requires you to add a Starbucks Card to your Starbucks Rewards account. Starbucks Cards may include: physical Starbucks plastic cards that are available for sale from participating Starbucks stores and other retail locations (for example, gift card "malls" or kiosks); digital forms of physical Starbucks plastic cards; and Starbucks Card eGifts that can be purchased at www.xiani.net.cn/shop/card/egift. For more information about Starbucks Cards, please visit www.xiani.net.cn/card.
In addition, the Starbucks Rewards registration process may require that you provide the following information: username, password, email address, physical address, telephone number, Starbucks Card number and card security code (CSC), birthday, name, and marketing preferences. All of your Starbucks Cards can be activated and registered for use in Starbucks Rewards, but you may have only one (1) Starbucks Rewards account that is personal to you.?
If you change the address associated with your Starbucks Rewards account to one that is not located in the United States or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, your Starbucks Cards will continue to function, but your Starbucks Rewards account will be deactivated. During such deactivation, you will no longer be able to earn Stars or redeem Stars for Rewards under your Starbucks Rewards account. Note that previously earned Stars in your Starbucks Rewards account may expire as described below.?
The Rewards that are available to you through Starbucks Rewards are based on the number of Stars that you earn. You can earn Stars by making purchases with a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account at participating Starbucks stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom and Ireland.?
You will earn Stars based on the value of your purchase at the rate of two (2) Stars for each One U.S. Dollar ($1.00) you spend at participating Starbucks stores using a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account. If you are a Starbucks partner (i.e., employee), you will earn Stars at the rate of three (3) Stars for each One U.S. Dollar ($1.00) you spend using a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account so long as you also have your "partner" Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account. Note that Stars may be earned in fractional amounts depending on the value of your purchase.?
If the address associated with your Starbucks Rewards account is located in the United States, any qualifying purchase you make using a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account at participating Starbucks stores in Canada, Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom or Ireland will earn Stars as if the currency were expressed in U.S. Dollars. No currency exchange is applied to the value of your purchase for the purpose of determining how many Stars you have earned. For example, if the value of your purchase is One Canadian Dollar or One Pound (United Kingdom), you will earn two (2) Stars for your purchase.
Additional Methods for Earning Stars?
- Star Codes. You can earn Stars by entering Star codes at www.xiani.net.cn/rewards. Star codes may, from time to time, be distributed through promotional materials or inside specially marked packages of Starbucks products sold in grocery stores. The number of Stars awarded using Star codes may vary. You can redeem a maximum of two (2) Star codes per day and can earn up to ninety-one (91) Stars per year using Star codes. Certain other limitations may apply to Star codes. For example, Star codes may have expiration dates. Check the promotional materials or product packaging for specific restrictions applicable to a particular Star code.
- Receipt Verification. You can earn Stars when you purchase qualifying Starbucks products from participating retailers and submit a photo of your receipt at?www.starbucks-stars.com. To earn Stars through receipt verification, you must comply with the Starbucks Rewards Receipt Verification Terms & Conditions. Certain limitations may apply to the receipt verification program. Visit www.starbucks-stars.com for more information.?
- Promotional Bonus Star Offers. From time to time, we, or others acting with our permission, may offer you special promotions that offer you additional "Bonus Stars". The promotional Bonus Stars will be awarded as described in the applicable promotional offer and will be subject to any additional terms set forth in such promotional offer.?
- Partnership Programs. Eligible customers may earn Stars through participation in programs offered by our business partners. For example, Starbucks? Rewards Visa? Card account holders and Starbucks? Rewards Visa? Prepaid Card account holders earn Stars for purchases made using their Starbucks? Rewards Visa? Card or Starbucks? Rewards Visa? Prepaid Card, as applicable, outside of Starbucks stores. Starbucks does not operate and is not responsible for these programs, which have separate and additional terms and conditions governing how Stars may be earned.?
Exclusions to Earning Stars?
You may not earn Stars in connection with certain types of beta or promotional programs. In addition, you cannot earn Stars on purchases of alcoholic beverages or on Starbucks Cards (such as activations, reloads, transfers, and other card-to-card transactions). Taxes, tips, donations, and fees, including without limitation, shipping and handling fees, gift wrapping fees, delivery fees, and bag fees, also may be excluded and ineligible for Star accrual.?
When Stars Are Added to Your Starbucks Rewards Account
Generally, Stars are automatically added to your Starbucks Rewards account within twenty-four (24) hours of when you earned them. Note that there may be a delay in adding Stars earned through receipt verification to your Starbucks Rewards account. Stars earned through receipt verification are generally added to your Starbucks Rewards account within 3-5 business days from when you complete the receipt submission at?www.starbucks-stars.com.
If you void a purchase made with a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account, Starbucks will deduct the Stars that you earned for that purchase, potentially resulting in a negative Star balance on your Starbucks Rewards account. If you return merchandise, packaged coffee, food or tea that you purchased with a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account (note: an original receipt or gift receipt is required), your funds will be returned to you on a card with store credit, but Starbucks will not deduct any Stars from your Starbucks Rewards account. Cards with store credit may be used in any participating Starbucks stores, but they are not Starbucks Cards. Purchases made with cards with store credit do not accrue Stars and cannot be registered or reloaded for additional value.?
If you use multiple forms of payment in one transaction, such as cash, credit card or a Starbucks Card that is not registered to your Starbucks Rewards account, you will earn a prorated number of Stars based on the eligible purchase amount that was purchased using a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account.?
Stars accrued in your Starbucks Rewards account expire six (6) months after the calendar month in which such Stars were earned. For example, if you earn Stars on April 5, 2019, they will expire on November 1, 2019. The oldest accrued Stars will be used first for redemptions. You can view and track your Star balance and available Rewards, as well as any additional benefits for which you are eligible as a Starbucks Rewards member, on https://app.starbucks.com or by using the Starbucks mobile app.?
Stars earned through the Starbucks? Rewards Visa? Prepaid Card and the Starbucks? Rewards Visa? Card Rewards Program do not expire as long as you are an active prepaid or credit card account holder. If your prepaid or credit card account is closed or expires for any reason, your Stars will expire six (6) months after the calendar month in which that account closed or expired.?
As a member of Starbucks Rewards, you are eligible to redeem Stars for complimentary Starbucks items at participating Starbucks stores in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Starbucks Rewards offers different Rewards based on different Star redemption tiers. Note that the Rewards available and Star redemption tiers may vary by country. The Star redemption tiers for redeeming Stars at participating Starbucks stores in the United States are as follows:?
- 25 Stars may be redeemed for one (1) of the following beverage modifiers: an added espresso shot, added syrup or sauce (such as caramel syrup), or a dairy alternative option (such as soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk), valued up to One U.S. Dollar ($1.00). The beverage modifiers in this redemption tier are only available as a customization to your base beverage order and cannot be redeemed as a standalone beverage.?
- 50 Stars may be redeemed for one (1) of the following items: hot brewed coffee or hot steeped tea OR a bakery item (such as a cake pop or cookie). Iced brewed coffee, Clover brewed coffee, and Starbucks Reserve coffee are excluded from this redemption tier.
- 150 Stars may be redeemed for one (1) of the following items: any handcrafted beverage (such as a latte or Frappuccino? blended beverage) OR any hot breakfast item (such as a breakfast sandwich or oatmeal) OR any packaged snack item (excluding packaged protein boxes). All beverages must be standard menu-sized items.
- 200 Stars may be redeemed for one (1) packaged salad or lunch sandwich OR one (1) packaged protein box.
- 400 Stars may be redeemed for one (1) packaged coffee item (such as whole bean coffee) OR a select merchandise item with a value up to Twenty U.S. Dollars ($20.00) (pre-tax). Packaged coffee and merchandise availability may vary by store location.
Star Redemption May Vary; Participating Starbucks Stores Only
Other Important Star Redemption Information and Exclusions
Stars may be redeemed at participating Starbucks stores and are ineligible to be redeemed for the following items: alcoholic beverages; multi-serve food or beverage items (for example, a tray of Cranberry Bliss? Bars or a Coffee Traveler); and items available at Princi stores and Starbucks Roastery locations.?
You must present a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account to the barista at a participating Starbucks store in order to redeem Stars. You cannot redeem multiple Star redemption tiers within a single beverage order. For example, you cannot redeem 50 Stars for a hot brewed coffee and 25 Stars for added syrup within a single beverage order.
Additional Benefits of Starbucks Rewards
As a Starbucks Rewards member, you are eligible for the following additional benefits:?
- Birthday Reward. On your birthday (as indicated in your Starbucks Rewards account), you will receive one (1) complimentary handcrafted beverage OR one (1) complimentary food item OR one (1) complimentary ready-to-drink bottled beverage ("Birthday Reward").
Your Birthday Reward may be redeemed at participating Starbucks stores only and excludes: multi-serve food or beverage items (for example, a tray of Cranberry Bliss? Bars or a Coffee Traveler); beverages that contain alcohol; merchandise and packaged coffee; and items available at Starbucks Roastery and Princi locations.
To qualify for your Birthday Reward, you must join Starbucks Rewards at least seven (7) days prior to your birthday, provide your birthday in your Starbucks Rewards account information, and make at least one Star-earning transaction prior to your birthday each year. Your Birthday Reward will be automatically added to your Starbucks Rewards account on your birthday and is valid only on that date. You must present a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account to the barista at a participating Starbucks store in order to redeem your Birthday Reward. You will receive only one (1) Birthday Reward per year regardless of the number of Starbucks Cards that are registered to your Starbucks Rewards account.
If you provided Starbucks with a current, valid email address in your Starbucks Rewards account information and have not opted out of receiving promotional emails, you will receive a reminder email from Starbucks approximately one (1) to three (3) days prior to your birthday indicating that your Birthday Reward is available to you. You also may receive a notification within the Starbucks mobile app. You can check to see if your Birthday Reward is available by accessing your Starbucks Rewards account on www.xiani.net.cn/account or in the Starbucks mobile app.?
- Free refill(s) of hot or iced brewed coffee and tea. To be eligible for free refill(s) of hot or iced brewed coffee or tea, you must use a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account to purchase a beverage and then present that same Starbucks Card for refills of hot or iced brewed coffee or tea during the same store visit at participating Starbucks stores.
- Early or extended access to certain promotions and offers. Starbucks may offer Starbucks Rewards members early or extended access to special menu items or discounts. You may take part in these offers by paying with a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account at participating Starbucks stores.
- Personalized offers and coupons. Special offers may be distributed by email, through the Starbucks mobile app (including via push notifications), or by physical mail. You may be required to opt-in and activate special offers via the Starbucks mobile app or via email. In order to receive and activate personalized special offers distributed via email, you must opt-in to receive promotional and marketing offers from Starbucks and you may be required to provide a valid email, telephone and physical address. Special offers may be customized based on your purchase behaviors and preferences, and may include periodic discounts on food, beverages and merchandise, or the opportunity to earn Bonus Stars. Special offers may have certain restrictions, including expiration dates and short, time-limited redemption periods. Special offers are personal to you and cannot be shared, copied or transferred. You may be required to present or pay with a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account in order to redeem special offers. Read each offer carefully for specific details, expiration dates, limitations and restrictions, and to learn whether Bonus Stars will be awarded to your Starbucks Rewards account.?
- Double-Star Day. As a Starbucks Rewards member, you are eligible for one (1) Double-Star Day each calendar month beginning no later than five (5) weeks after you have joined Starbucks Rewards. Starbucks will notify you of your designated Double-Star Day each month, which may vary from month to month and will be personalized and selected by Starbucks for you. You must download the Starbucks mobile app OR opt-in to receive promotional and marketing emails from Starbucks in order to receive notice of your designated Double-Star Day. You also may be required to "activate" your Double-Star Day each month by clicking within the notification email or the notification within the Starbucks mobile app. On your designated Double-Star Day, the number of Stars you earn when you use a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account at participating Starbucks stores will be multiplied by two (2). Starbucks reserves the right to exclude certain products and merchandise from Double-Star Day eligibility and to modify the Double-Star Day benefit.?
Starbucks reserves the right to change the number and type of additional benefits offered to members of Starbucks Rewards in its sole discretion at any time.
Other Important Information You Should Know?
There are no participation or membership fees associated with Starbucks Rewards. Stars accrued in connection with Starbucks Rewards are promotional, have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. In addition, your redemption of Stars accrued in connection with Starbucks Rewards cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts that are applicable to the Rewards for which you are redeeming such Stars, unless otherwise expressly indicated by Starbucks.
Your Stars, Rewards, Starbucks Cards registered to your Starbucks Rewards account, and your Starbucks Rewards account are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with, family, friends or others, or used by you for any commercial purpose. You may have only one (1) Starbucks Rewards account that is personal to you.?
Without notice to you, Starbucks also reserves the right to "unregister" and make ineligible for Starbucks Rewards any Starbucks Card or Starbucks Rewards account that has been inactive for two (2) consecutive years. Inactivity is defined as no Stars earned during such two (2) consecutive year period. In the event that your Starbucks Card or Starbucks Rewards account is unregistered or rendered inactive, all accrued Stars in your Starbucks Rewards account are void.?
Starbucks reserves the right to change, modify, discontinue or cancel Starbucks Rewards or any part of Starbucks Rewards, at any time and in its sole discretion, without notice to you.?
Opt-Out. Notwithstanding the above, you may choose to pursue your claim in court and not by arbitration if you opt out of this arbitration provision within 30 days from the date you registered for a Starbucks Rewards account or the date on which you agreed to the Starbucks Card Terms and Conditions in connection with your purchase, loading, reloading or use of any Starbucks Cards, whichever date occurs earlier (the "Opt-Out Deadline"). You may opt out of these arbitration procedures by sending us a written notice that you opt out to the following address: Starbucks Card Team, Starbucks Corporation, 2401 Utah Avenue S., MS: S-MK3, Seattle, WA 98134. Any opt out received after the Opt-Out Deadline (allowing three (3) additional days for mailing) will not be valid, and you must pursue your claim in arbitration or small claims court.
Arbitration Procedures. For all disputes, whether pursued in court or arbitration, you must first send a written description of your claim to our Customer Service department to allow us an opportunity to resolve the dispute. You and we each agree to negotiate your claim in good faith. You may request arbitration if your claim or dispute cannot be resolved within 60 days.
Costs of Arbitration. Upon filing of the arbitration demand, we will pay all filing, administration and arbitrator fees other than the initial $200 filing fee, and for claims of less than $1,000, Starbucks will reimburse you for the filing fee within 30 days of receiving a written request from you. Each party will bear the fees and expense of its own attorneys, experts, witnesses and preparation and presentation of evidence at the arbitration. However, for claims under $10,000 as to which you provided notice and negotiated in good faith as required above before initiating arbitration, if the arbitrator finds you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to a recovery of reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Except for claims determined to be frivolous, we will not to seek an award of attorneys’ fees in arbitration even if an award is otherwise available under applicable law.
Class Action Waiver and Jury Waiver.You and we each agree that any proceeding, whether in arbitration or in court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If a court or arbitrator determines in an action between you and us that this class action waiver is unenforceable, the arbitration agreement will be void as to you. If you opt out of the arbitration provision as specified above, this class action waiver provision will not apply to you. Neither you, nor any other customer, can be a class representative, class member, or otherwise participate in a class, consolidated or representative proceeding without having complied with the opt-out procedure set forth above. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, you and we each waive any right to a jury trial.